We were definitely inspired by the sun yesterday and decided to BBQ some burgers. Now, in honor of Celiac Awareness Month (which starts tomorrow), we couldn't just make mediocre burgers. We had to go all out, and we did!
Gourmet BBQ Burgers
- Grass fed ground beef (anyone find this for less than $6.99 lb.?!?!...if so PLEASE share!)
- Mas Guapo organic seasoning
- Sharp cheddar cheese slices
- Red onion slices
- Applewood smoked bacon (love Trader Joe's!)
- Tomato slices
- Udi's Gluten Free whole grain hamburger buns
- Condiments (we like mustard, ketchup and relish)
Pretty simple (just like we like it!).
- Sprinkle the ground beef with Mas Guapo (as much as desired), mix together and form into patties.
- BBQ that mess (I'll have to ask the hubbs to chime in here with any tips...this is his department!). Add sliced cheese towards the end, if desired.
- Slice the onions and BBQ those too (man did this transform our taste for onions! Delish!).
- Meanwhile, the Mrs. is cooking the bacon so it's ready when hubbs is done BBQin' (or visa versa...whatever your strength in the kitchen, or on the grill, go with that! We like to cook together, but that's just us).
- Pile it all together and enjoy!
*Note: One thing we forget was our yummy, ripe avocado that was just sitting on the counter waiting to be sliced! Shoot...don't make that same mistake. :)
And now...for the reveal! Trust me, it was as delicious as it looks.
I can honestly say, that was likely the BEST burger I have ever eaten!
Thank you Mas Guapo for transforming the flavors in our kitchen. And most important, thank you Crosby for being the best BBQer around!!!