Where I've Been

Thursday, May 01, 2014

Happy Celiac Awareness Month!

To kick off the month, I thought I'd start with a post about what I've been up to.

My life, my friends, has been full! I got pregnant and had a beautiful baby girl!!! In order to do both well, I found myself pulling back from the blog and then, ultimately, quitting it for awhile.  We've now found ourselves with a happy, spunky little one year old who's currently napping as I write this post! Life is sweet!



To digress a little and tell you about my health journey for the last two years, I was sick throughout my entire pregnancy.  Now, however, I wonder if it could have looked different.

You see, while going gluten free after being diagnosed with Celiac helped me to feel better, I still did not feel well. Can you relate? Our house was completely gluten free and we were very selective in where we went out to eat, yet I would still get sick and found myself feeling ok, but never "good." When I got pregnant I get even sicker, maintaining "morning sickness" throughout the whole pregnancy. By the time I had our baby I was really weak.

BUT, all things work out for good! Thanks to the help of my mom, I started eating predominantly Paleo soon after delivering our baby. Within a few months, I found myself extremely sleep deprived (babies are so worth the lost sleep!) yet with more energy than I had prepregnancy! Who knew, for me, going gluten free was not enough.

Now, I say predominantly Paleo because I have found I can eat raw dairy and rice without feeling ill!

Woohoo!!! It's been about a decade, but I can now say...I FEEL GOOD! Not ok, not alright, GOOD!!!  And that, my friends, is worth celebrating!

What about you?

Was going gluten free enough for you?

Have you found yourself cutting out other foods as you journey toward good health?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter