Organix Haircare-Food Free Friday

Friday, March 23, 2012

Oh my goodness!  Have the last two months been crazy, or what?  It just seems like I'm running around like a chicken with my head cut off...

I have to say, as a teacher, I am very much looking forward to Easter Break this year.  While I've already got a few appointments scheduled and I'm sure I'll pick up some projects to work on around the house, I cannot wait to be able to sleep in! :)

Anyways, enough of that.


I am SO excited to have found Organix hair products.  As you probably have learned by now, in our house are slowly incorporating more and more organic food and products into our lives.  We strive to be healthy, and for us organic just seems to be the way to go.

After eating predominantly organic food for over a year, I began to think about household and beauty products.  Why not go organic there too?  I mean, shouldn't it matter what I put on my body? 

I started with lotion and face products, trying out Dessert Essence lotion, face wash, and toothpaste.  I didn't care much for their hair products though.  I have extremely thick, wavy hair (as much hair as at least two "normal" people according to my hair stylist, ha!), so I need a shampoo that's ready to work extra hard and be sudsy enough to clean ALL my hair! 

Have any of you had a similar experience with organic hair care?

Brazilian Keratin Therapy

Well, after trying a few different brands, I finally looked into Organix shampoo.  I've used their Brazilian Keratin flat iron spray for at least a year now (not sure why I never tried their shampoo before?), so I finally looked into their other products.

And guess what I found on their site? 

Are Organix® products gluten free?Yes, our entire Organix® line is gluten-free

OHH YEAH!!!!!!  Can you believe it?  This product is sold at Target and Walmart too!  Not only a "specialty store," like so many other organic hair care products.  That makes the price of this gem about 50% cheaper (I found it at Walmart for about $5)! 

Moroccan Argan Oil

I've been using the Moroccan Argan Oil shampoo for a few weeks now and it seems to work really well for my hair.  The site also said that these products are safe for color treated hair.  Added bonus! 

You can read their complete list of FAQ here!

So what are your thoughts?  Have you tried Organix hair care?  Is there another gluten free shampoo that you like better?  Please share.

You Might Also Like

11 comments

  1. I have been using Organix smoothing shampoo and conditioner for about a year and liked it very much. My kids would say "Mom, your hair smells so good." We recently moved and the Meijer near our new house did not have the smoothing shampoo, so I bought the Organix repairing Awapui shampoo and conditioner. It has a lighter scent, which is very pretty, and seemed more "sudsy." I thought my hair looked more smooth and was more manageable. I too have very thick, wavy (since having kids; used to be straight)hair. I am very happy with the new shampoo and conditioner. For gluten-free, sulfate-free products at a reasonable price, Organix is great! The only thing I'm not crazy about are the bottles. It would be nice to have a flat top because then it's easier to put them upside down to get out the last little bit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! I'm glad you love their products as much as I do. I haven't tried the Awapui shampoo, but it'll definitely be the next one I try as I have thick, wavy hair too. I totally agree that the price is AWESOME, but the bottles do make it a little more challenging to use (they won't fit in our shower caddy thing along with our body washes, shave cream, etc.). But hey...it's good stuff and nicely priced, so I guess an awkward bottle isn't too bad. :)

    Thanks so much for reading our blog...we love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think It is a awesome post. can I get some more information to???

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think It is a awesome post. can I get some more information to???

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sure! What would you like to know?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the fact that organix is gluten free! And organic as well :)
    I tried dove and it was great for the first few times but after that it left my hair weighed down and looking dirty. Also I am allergic to most pesticides (in my younger years I was a flagger and my dad crop dusted...I became intolerant to most of the chemicals) so I also started to break out in a rash as well. So out went dove :(
    I have been looking for something that I could use for my sensitive head and this is it!
    As far as hair dyes and permanents go...do you know of any that would be safe for me?
    Awesome site BTW :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Does it come in a color treated formula?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hottest news needed strengthen fragile hair! These hair products, as well as a host of more natural personal care products, are usually a healthy choice for pregnant women. It also protects your hair from the fading effects of the sun, and gives your color a boost of shine.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I can't find the 14 day keratin treatment straightner spray anymore. Do they still make it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. The spray is still showing up on their website, so it's out there somewhere. I've always bought it at walmart or Target. Hope that helps!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All products say what they're good for so just look for color safe and you're good if your hair is color treated!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter