Some Advil NOT Gluten Free

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Can you believe it?

I was shocked to learn that some Advil contains gluten. Then again, I shouldn't be considering there are so many forms of hidden gluten, why would silly me think medicine was exempt?!

Thanks to the investigations of Goodie Goodie Gluten Free, I've learned that all Advil liquid gel and Advil migraine contain gluten! Steer clear my friends! Steer clear.

However, all Advil tablets, gel caps, and caplets are gluten free!





To read Goodie Goodie Gluten Free's post in it entirety, read here!

This information makes me want to continue with a more thorough investigation when it comes to "non food" products.

Anything you're curious about?

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I used to get sick from prescription pills I was taking.. the doctors were no help and the manufacturers were so hard to get ahold of I just gave up (luckily it wasn't a life threatening pill). It's CRAZY what can be in not only our foods, but our medication!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, so crazy and so true! Makes me wonder how many times I've felt "not well" and it could have been due to a pill... Like you said, luckily not life threatening, but goodness, still unfortunate. However, on the plus side, I recently purchased cold medicine that was labeled "gluten free!!!" Yay! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sick and just figured it out.
    Advil Liqui-gel contains gluten
    :((

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Really? That explains a few things...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have you noticed problems after taking advil or any other medicines?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just found this out yesterday. I was recently diagnosed with Fibromylgia because I keep having unexplained flu-like symptoms and fatigue. I had been taking Advil Liqui Gels all the time. Now I wonder if the Advil was actually making me feel sick on and off. This is just another reminder to check the ingredients for everything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I'm so glad you found this and I hope you've started feeling better.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter