Simple Holiday Gluten Free Side

Tuesday, December 01, 2015

It's the most wonderful time of the year!!!! 

Over here, at the Shat's house, we have been listening to Christmas music since the start of November. I equate Christmas music to happy music and it keeps me in a chipper mood even though I now must wear shoes and long pants (I live in CA, so we were wearing shorts through October)! 

And once the Christmas music starts, so does the festive eating. I love to cook, and since becoming a SAHM I do it quite frequently so I'm loving when I create quick, easy and delicious items for my family to enjoy. Thanksgiving was no exception. I wanted something simple and easy that my family would enjoy, but that my toddler would also want to eat! Can I get an AMEN?!?!!!

In comes Against the Grain's original baguette.  These babies are tasty just toasted plain (which is what I did for one of them for our little lady). They're infused with just a slight bit of cheesy goodness, but I wanted something more festive for the adults. So, for the second baguette, I did this:

Sun Dried Tomato Baguette

Preheat oven 350.

Ingredients
Organic cream cheese (room temp)
Jar of sun dried tomatoes
One baguette (thawed)

Directions
Finely chop 1/2 jar of sun dried tomatoes. Mix with 1/2 block cream cheese. You may need to put the mixture in a saucepan over low heat for a bit to make the mixing process easier (I did). Once items are combined, slice the baguette in half, lengthwise, and spread the mixture on both halves. 

Place on cookie sheet in preheated oven for 10 min or until bread is toasted to your liking. Remove from oven and allow to cool a few minutes before slicing. 

This will smell amazing! Prepare to indulge yourself and your guests! 

Happy Holidays! 



Rachel aka Gfreegal

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I liked this post. Thanks for sharing it. We have started eating gluten free foods to stay healthy and fit. My friend suggested drinking Green energy drinks to remove impurities from my body. I will try some recipes soon!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter