Gfree-Dude goes cucumber with Avalon Organics body and shower gel

Sunday, August 31, 2014

Before I met Rachel, I never cared about what I ate or put on my body. Everything I grabbed or gravitated towards was whatever smelled the best or looked cool. I never cared about what was in it.
Rachel has completely changed the way I think about the products I use because of the lasting affect it can have on my body.

Rachel asked me to use this body wash stuff from Avalon Organics. Now granted, the second I saw "cucumber" on it, my first thought was NO THANK YOU! No dude wants to reek of cucumber. We want to smell like a forest or like we just came out from a battle, where we were saving a princess from impending doom.

Now that aside, most guys won't admit to using products, but I guess I have to since I'm reviewing this product.

Now honestly there's not much of a scent to this body gel, which for me, is a good and bad thing. I'm weird when it comes to smells. I enjoy something that stays with you throughout the day, but not too overpowering.

Now if you enjoy having everyone stare at you thinking you've doused yourself in cologne, then this isn't the product for you. The scent is light and comfortable. You aren't walking around announcing to the world you just took a shower. You are carefully telling everyone that you are clean and proud of it.

Confession time, I use a loofah sponge. Ugghh... I feel so exposed. Anywho, the gel lathers up decently and you don't have to use a lot which is nice.

I just found out from their website that you can use it in the bath too. HAHA I guess that makes sense, since it says that on the bottle. But I'm a man, and men don't take baths. Unless there are candles and soft music, but other than that. Just showers!

When I first stepped out of the shower I felt weird. It was weird smelling cucumber on me. Like I said, it wasn't overpowering, but as a dude, it was just weird.

But, like most shower gels, it gets the job done.

I've been using the product for over 2 months now because I'm too lazy to try anything else. Would I get this stuff again? Probably not. Just because I'm not a cucumber fan. I would like to try their other scents to see if there's something I would enjoy using.

- Croz


You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter