Foster Farms Gluten Free Corndogs - Are They Good?

Thursday, November 13, 2014

So, right off the bat I must say that I don't follow instructions and why Foster Farms thinks you should microwave a corndog is beyond confusing. Why would you want a corndog out of the microwave? 

The directions said to put the corndogs in the microwave for 30-45 seconds.  Now I guess if you’re in a rush and want to cook this quickly, then 30-45 seconds may work, but for me, I want my corndogs toasted and crunchy! Not soggy.

I threw 3 in the toaster oven at work and set it to about 400ºF for about 15 minutes. The box said 350ºF for 18 minutes frozen or 10 minutes thawed. I turned it over a few times for an even cook.

So when the bell went off on the toaster oven, I made may way down the hall. I felt like I was walking into the fair when I smelled these things. They smelled amazing.
(DO NOT GRAB THE STICK WHEN IT'S BEEN IN THE TOASTER OVEN... I REPEAT... DO NOT GRAB THE STICK WHEN IT'S BEEN IN THE TOASTER OVEN!...) I'm not saying that I burnt my fingers... nope... that didn't happen... I just don't feel like using my thumb and index finger right now)
I grabbed some mustard, because, no corndog is complete without mustard.
I was actually excited to try these things with how they smelled. With my first bite I thought, ehhh it's a corndog, nothing too exciting. The breading around the hotdog was rather thick. I was expecting something thinner with how most gluten free items come. I think if these things were deep-fried, that the thick batter around the hotdog would've tasted better.

After eating the corndogs, I looked at my fingers and noticed they were rather gunky and oily. Now, this is what your hands should look like after eating a corndog so I wasn't disappointed. 

Overall I was rather impressed with the taste of the batter around the hotdog. It was nice eating a corndog knowing that I wasn't going to feel like a truck backed over me.

Your kiddos will absolutely love them, and the nice thing about them is that they are very filling. The 3 that I consumed filled me up for the rest of the day.

NUTRITION FACTS
Serving Size: 1 corn dog 75g
Servings Per Container: Varied.
Amount Per Serving
Calories 180
Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 9g14%
Saturated Fat 2.5g13%
Trans Fat 0
Cholesterol 45mg15%
Sodium 530mg22%
Total Carbs 20g7%
Dietary Fiber 0g0%
Sugars 6g
Protein 7g
Vitamin A 0%
Calcium 2%
Vitamin C 0%
Iron 6%
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie a day diet.
Foster Farms Gluten Free Corn Dogs are dipped in honey crunchy batter that are ready to heat and serve. They are great for kids or for parties!
Available in packs of 6, 9, 16, 20 and 36

ALLERGEN INFORMATION

Contains soy, eggs

HOW TO HEAT:

Conventional Oven:
  • Preheat oven to 350° F
  • Frozen heat for 18 minutes
  • Thawed heat for 10 minutes
* Caution: Product will be hot

Microwave: On high
  • Frozen heat for 48 seconds
  • Thawed heat for 30 seconds
  • For best results, flip corn dogs halfway through cooking
* Caution: Product will be hot

Deep Fried:
  • Cook at 350° – 375° F
  • Frozen heat for 9 minutes
  • Thawed heat for 3 minutes
* Caution: Product will be hot

You Might Also Like

1 comments


  1. Love this amazing TRY Victoria seara frozen chicken for the best fresh frozen chicken

    https://victoriasearafrozenchicken.com/

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter