Gluten Free Tax Deductions

Thursday, July 19, 2012

Did you know that if you have Celiac disease you can deduct your extra expenses in your taxes?



Source

It's true.

Because the treatment for Celiac disease is to follow a gluten free diet, the IRS allows you to deduct those extra food expenses. It's a bit of a tricky process and requires consistency and follow through on your part.

To make this easier for you, here's an easy to follow list from our friends at CeliAct.

Gluten Free Tax Deductions

Good luck and hopefully this helps ease the expenses for you!

Rachel aka Gfreegal

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Wow, I had no idea this was an option. It's amazing what kind of deductions you can find once you do a little research. For a while I worked in New York and we had an office in Long Island and in Brooklyn. Long story short, I paired up with one of the most effective tax accountants in New Yorkand found out I could be reimbursed for my travels to the Brooklyn office since I spent most of my time in the Long Island office. I received a huge payout during tax season. I can only imagine the return someone who is Gluten Free will see.

    Thanks for sharing and allowing me to!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, it's a bit labor intensive, but I'm sure it can help many people.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter