Homemade Gluten Free Tuna Melt

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Simple gluten free at it's finest!

I need to start by saying I have the best husband ever!!  He takes care of me when I don't feel good...makes me food and everything!  Granted, if he could just run down the street to Del Taco and grab me a quick bite he probably would! :-)  Ohh, my fellow Celiacs, do you remember the taste of those yummy chicken soft tacos and chili cheese fries!!!  Mmm...mmm...oh my taste buds! Ha, how easily I forget the upset stomach that was sure to follow (probably undiagnosed Celiac and certainly not the quality of Del Taco's food!).  But, I digress, back to the wonderful man I'm married to.

Crosby made me this delicious Tuna Melt sandwich. It was so tasty and yet so simple!  He made the sandwich on Udi's Gluten Free hamburger buns, such a wise idea!  Having the sandwich on the buns rather than regular bread was so nice, especially since it toasted so well.

How to make the Tuna (all from Trader Joe's)

  1. 2 cans Tuna (we like the Albacore)
  2. 2-3 T organic mayo,
  3. 1-2 T organic mustard
  4. 1 T organic sweet pickle relish
  5. Dash or 2 of pepper

Crosby simply mixed all of the above together (feel free to add/subtract ingredients as you like, tuna is so fun to experiment with), topped it with some grated cheese, put everything into the bun and toasted it in the toaster over.

One thing to note is that we were out of lemon pepper, or that would have been our choice over regular pepper.  Nonetheless, deliciously satisfying!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter