Anyone else suffering from a "case of the Monday's" today? It's only 9:30 and I'm already ready for a nap. Granted, that's likely due to being sick all weekend (lovely congestion just doesn't want to permanently leave...we're going on a few weeks here! Come on!), but regardless of being sick or not, Monday's are usually lazy cooking days in our house. Are we the only ones?
Doubtful, considering the above famous coined phrase from Office Space ("case of the Monday's"). If we're feeling that way I work, I doube we gain crazy energy when facing making dinner at home. Side note, if you have not yet watched the movie, Office Space, you should add it to your list ASAP! ;)
Anywho, as I sit here with my clouded brain, I can't help but be grateful for...quick, easy, and delicious meals! On today's menu, quesadills and layered bean dip!
|Check out the layered up quesadilla...|
hubby made these! Fat & delish!
- Brown Rice Tortillas (we prefer Trader Joes brand)
- Mexican Shredded Cheese Blend
- Turkey Lunch Meat (sliced) or Cooked Chicken (shredded)
- Coat the outside of a tortilla, lightly, with butter.
- Turn the tortilla over, fill half with desired amount of cheese and meat.
- Fold in half and place on a nonstick pan over medium heat.
- Cook until both sides are crispy. And...done! Make as many as you need.
Layered Bean Dip
- Refried Beans
- Guacamole (again, we prefer Trader Joes brand)
- Plain Yogurt (or sour cream if you don't like yogurt)
- Salsa (Trader Joes garlic salsa is delicious!)
- Shredded Cheese (optional if you want to cut down on your dairy)
- Sliced Olives
- Tortilla Chips (I know I reference Trader Joes A LOT, but we are addicted to their organic tortilla chips with no salt! Seriously, no salt on the chips and they're delish. We get plenty of salt from the rest of this dinner, and you don't even miss the salt on the chips.)
- Heat refried beans, in a small pot, over medium heat.
- Use a small glass dish to layer your dip in (bread pan size tends to work for 2-3 people, a larger 8x8 square dish or pie dish for 4 or more).
- Layer following the above ingredient list: beans, guacamole, yogurt, salsa, cheese, olives. And...done! Dip in your chips and enjoy! You may want to dish some up into containers for lunch tomorrow before you dig in, or you may eat it all tonight! :)
|Dinner is served!|
*Don't forget tortilla chips.
This dinner is a fail safe guaranteed to go quickly and keep your tummies happy.
*Note: Whenever Crosby and I make this (or any other dish) we always make enough for lunch the next day. I don't know about you and your family, but we definitely don't get up early enough to make lunch in the morning. I barely give myself enough time to make some toast and slap almond butter on it! :)
So, what's your fail safe, quick dinner? We'd love to add it to our menu, so PLEASE SHARE! :)