Celebrate Celiac Disease Awareness Day

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Good afternoon Celiac's and non-Celiac's alike!



Today is National Celiac Disease Awareness Day! Can you believe it? An official day! We are definitely moving on up in the world.

In honor of today, I would like for you all to do me a favor and EAT. But, don't just eat anything, eat well today! Stop what you're doing, think for a moment, and imagine the most scrumptious and delicious food item. Now figure out a way to eat it! I'm serious, this is a day honoring you (or someone you know, for my non-Celiac's) and you deserve to celebrate.

For me, I started early with making cupcakes this past weekend (see earlier post), but the party's not stopping! Tonight I'm going to Outback Steakhouse (who has an extensive gluten free menu, yum!) to celebrate my father-in-law's birthday. I won't mention the year, but he's old! Heehee, just kidding! Love you! :) Anywho, at Outback I will be enjoying some scruptious meal, but that's not what's going to be important for me. What I'm nost looking forward to is something that I have yet to try, but which includes one of my favorite dessert items. It is their Chocolate Thunder from Down Under!!!!! That's right, in just a few short hours I will be indulging in a gluten free pecan brownie topped with vanilla ice cream, warm chocolate sauce, chocolate shavings and whipped cream! Oh, I'm excited! Granted, my eyes are always bigger than my mouth so hubby, get ready to help me out! :)

For more ideas on how to embrace and celebrate your new approach to food check out other ways to celebrate.

If you're newly diagnosed or learning about a friend or loved one's allergy, check out this site.



Whatever you decide to do today, embrace the cards you've been dealt and find something deliciously yummy to indulge in. Just don't forget to share your choices with us!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter