Gluten Free Banana BreadMonday, September 26, 2011
This is the most delicious banana bread EVER! Trust me, you won't be disappointed!
*Recipe adapted from Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour.
- 1/3 cup Canola or Coconut Oil (I prefer Coconut)
- 2/3 cup Brown Sugar, packed
- 2 large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 3/4 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free All Purpose Flour (or any all purpose flour)
- 2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1 1/4 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1 tsp. Xanthan Gum
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 1 1/2 cups Banana, mashed
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (I chose chocolate chips instead!)
Preheat oven to 350.
Grease 9x5 non-stick loaf pan (funny how we have to grease non-stick pans!).
Cream oil, sugar, eggs and vanilla. Add flour, xanthan gum, salt, baking powder and cinnamon. Mix in bananas. Beat until smooth, then stir in nuts or chocolate chips. Pour into pan.
Bake for 1 hour.
Let cool for about 10 minutes. Slice and serve with butter while still hot!
Enjoy! Please let us know what you think and any variations that you like!