This first Food Free Friday post of National Celiac Awareness Month is dedicated to knowledge. Food blogger knowledge to be precise.
|Friends from Nourished-Melanie, me, Lauren-Lucille, & Jasmine|
Last month, I had the privilege of attending Nourished, a Food Blogger Conference. I can sum it up in one word, wow. It was just so wonderful to get to meet so many passionate people, each with a different "niche" in this gluten-free (or allergen free) food blogging world. The conference was advertized as, "the only food blogger conference tailored to the needs of those on special diets, writing about special diets, and niche bloggers." Once I came across the site for this conference I knew I just HAD to attend.
What I learned:
- Have confidence in myself when cooking & creating recipes! ~From Karen Morgan at Blackbird Bakery Recipe development isn't necessarily "my thing," but I do tweak and create things from time to time. If this is "your thing" though, take this to heart. Try new things. Know your limitations. Most of all...purchase a recipe journal to chart your successes and failures.
- I am my brand! ~From Mary Fran Wiley at Franny Cakes
- Stop and think about who I am (who you are) and what my focus is. This was great advice because in every area of life I can easily think I need to do everything. BUT...I don't and I can't. From this I realized that I want this blog to be something that makes YOUR life easier. My husband, Crosby, and I lead a very busy life. We have a lot going on and we love every part about it. But, that means we need things that are quick, easy, and healthy. So, our job (our brand) is to bring you just that. We love you (our readers) and we know how difficult and overwhelming this gluten free journey is. Hopefully we are/will make this journey easierAnd as we continue on this journey, that's my goal. *One thing I have to note, I am a teacher so I apologize if I come across that way. :)
- This is just good advice for life, but it was a cool reminder in thinking about what brands/companies we choose to work with. Love it!
- This is also good life advice, but I think in the world of blogging, we can get wimpy. I'm still new to this blogging world (not yet a year), but it seems that it'd be easy to get complacent which is just the opposite of what I want. I'm excited to take risks and see how far we can take this thing! I hope you'll continue with us for this journey! :)
Now, I want to leave you with a taste of the AMAZING food we enjoyed at lunch. I cannot tell you how stinkin' awesome and fun it was to walk into a banquet room full of food and be able to eat EVERYTHING!
|Had to put a giant pic of the cupcakes!!! Soup & sandwiches on top! MMM!!!|
Thanks again Nourished!