Vote TODAY for Gluten Free Medicine Labeling

Monday, May 07, 2012

Thanks to the lovely GlutenFree Jen, I found out that today is the day to vote for CLEAR gluten-free labeling on medicine.  There's a bill that needs our signature to go forward. 

You can read a little more about it here on Jen's site. 

And you can vote here NOW!
They need bipartisan cosponsers by May 8th to move the bill ahead.

I don't know about you, but I believe this is something that should be clearly labeled for everything, especially medicine.  Just two weeks ago I had some pretty bad congestion, went to the store, and then had to call the company for the medicine I was looking at.  They were very kind, but could not answer my questions.  They took my information, but it was almost a week later before I got a call back (congestion now gone!).  Luckily I wasn't THAT sick, but had I been the experience would have been miserable. 

I would love a clear label on everything.  It would be a wonderful confidence boost and save a lot of time, and living with a snotty nose! :)

*Note: I now know that Target's form of Mucinex is gluten-free (as of May 1, 2012). :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter