Organic Aloe Vera Juice

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

My doctor's always trying something new with me. Okay, I guess I should rephrase that...I haven't felt "good" in a few years, so my doctor's trying to help me achieve a better level of health. I've felt better over the last year or so, but we're still working towards the good!

The newest thing is Aloe Vera. I came home from the doc's with this large bottle of gunk, ready to ingest and hopeful that I'll feel better. My tummy's very sensitive and it seems often agitated and not always willing to absorb the nutrients it needs. Let me add that I also have a gallstone, so my insides are a bit averse to fats (which my 5'7" 118lb. frame needs!) and that can complicate problems a bit more.

So, here I am, struggling to figure out the exact potion to make me well.

It's a fun journey! :) Seriously, having Celiac and a few other issues, myself and my wonderful husband (man does he help in more ways than he realizes!), have become more health conscious than we ever would have imagined. And the best part is that we're able to share this journey with all of you!

Quickly, back to the Aloe Vera. My doctor explained how it should help with my stomach's inflammation and digestion. I read some more about it online here and it seems like it could help! Ha! Sorry, but everything seems like it can help. However, I'm not trying to be pessimistic I just won't know until I try it more than once.

So far, I don't feel good (I just tried it after dinner about 45 min ago). I got all queasy after ingesting it and my stomach is currently quite vocal, but then again, I've felt pretty crappy stomach-wise the past few days. Thus to say, I'm not sure what to attribute my current tummy woes to.

However, I'll let you all know how I feel after a few weeks. I've read some good testimonials of the stuff, so we shall see. And if not, we'll continue on this wonderful journey towards optimal health!

I'd love to hear your thoughts and/or experiences with Aloe Vera!

Please share!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. The only Aloe Vera drink I have consumed was a Koren juice with Aloe bits floating around. It kind of reminds me of Boba or orange juice with lots of pulp. I liked it!

    My other experiences with Aloe Vera are from poor planning - sunburns! OUCH!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha, same here with the sunburns!! This is pure aloe pulp...so without the yummy sugar of those Korean drinks. It's not too terrible (I've tried it 4 times now), but definitely not delicious! But hey...we'll do anything for the health of it, right?!? ;-)

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter