Scrumptious Gluten Free Burritos

Saturday, June 16, 2012

Burritos.  What's the first thought that comes to mind when you think "burrito?"  For me, it takes me back to my pre-gluten free days, back to good 'ol Del Taco! :)  Del Taco was a staple for me (especially during college) when I was in a hurry.  Hello, who doesn't love a quick meal for a buck?!

But alas, my Del Taco burrito days are over (and probably for the better of my health!).

Once going gluten free, I soon discovered that making a gluten free burrito was not that easy.  Having the options of only corn tortillas or brown rice tortillas, left me with a huge mess whenever I tried to roll them into a burrito. Can anyone relate?

Needless to say, we'd often just choose to make tacos (which we also love).

But now, thanks to our friends at Rudi's Gluten Free we have the option of pliable tortillas that are gluten free!

So, for this recipe, those are the tortillas we used.

Here shown on the plain tortillas


Gluten Free Chicken Burritos
Ingredients:

  • Rudi's Tortillas  (we prefer plain or fiesta over the spinach)
  • Costco's Rotisserie Chicken (great for when you're in a rush)
  • 1 can Black Beans
  • 1 Zucchini 
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1 tsp. onion powder
  • 1 T olive oil
  • Lettuce
  • Shredded Cheese
  • Salsa
Directions
  1. Take tortillas out of freezer and leave on counter to thaw.
  2. Shred chicken using a fork.
  3. Shred zucchini using a cheese grater (great way to disguise this veggie!).
  4. In a skillet, cook the zucchini in olive oil and season with garlic and onion powder (about 5 minutes).
  5. In a small sauce pan, heat the black beans until warm.
  6. Shred cheese.
  7. Chop lettuce.
  8. Put everything into tortillas and enjoy!
The great thing about making these burritos is how quick they are.  I cooked the zucchini and black beans while Crosby picked up the chicken on his way home from work.  Everything was done in about 15 minutes (if that).

    Here on the spinach...not nearly as tasty!
    Kinda funky. :)



    Question of the Day:
    What's your favorite kind of burrito?

    You Might Also Like

    0 comments

    Like us on Facebook

    Follow Us On Twitter