Gluten Free Pizza Orlando, Florida

Monday, July 18, 2011

Alright, so I figured it was time to finally write again about eating gluten free food when you don't have Celiac. Now for most people, the sound of gluten free immediately brings the mind to think phrases like: "nasty, healthy, what the heck is gluten?..."

I know my first thought is always, "Ahhh, this is going to taste funky..."

So while traveling to the Bahamas for our 1 year anniversary, Rachel and I were looking online for restaurants that catered to my princess... Errr I mean, to Rachel's condition...


We found a pizza joint in Orlando called Unos. Now I know this place is a national restaurant, but this was our first time ever eating there.

We looked online before going in and saw that the restaurant had a take out deal.

The price for two small, thin crust, gluten free pizzas was $13.95. The only downfall was that it was for take-out only. But being the adorable couple that we are, we asked our server if she would be able to give us the take-out price. She spoke with her manager and she was able to give the discount to us.

The restaurant had a great understanding of Celiac and the kitchen manager came out and spoke with us about how they prepare everything in the kitchen. He told us that they have special plates, wraps, knifes and bowls that were all colored blue. He said that everyone in the back knows that if it's "blue," it's gluten free.

So for someone with Celiac, you know you're going to be taken care of at this place!

Now this pizza was amazing. I don't know if it was because we hadn't eaten for like 12 hours, but it tasted like homemade pizza. I opted for the super healthy pepperoni pizza and Rachel got some weird vegetable mix thing.

Alright, so I know that I'm a macho man and that vegetables are something that should never touch my mouth, but her pizza was actually AMAZING... well, I don't know if that's because I loaded it up with ranch, but who knows, maybe it's something I can try again in the very distant future.

Rachel really enjoyed her pizza as well, the only thing she wished she had done was ordered her pizza with less cheese. She had a stomach ache that lasted for a couple hours.

Now for those of us who have stomach's made of steel, the cheese factor was BRILLIANT!

So overall, the place was great! Great food and service with a knowledgeable staff.





You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Great post. I’m a normal visitor of your site and appreciate you taking the time to maintain the excellent site. I’ll be a regular visitor for a long time.

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter