Breakfast!!!

Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Breakfast. I love breakfast!!!
This morning, a simple and tasty bowl of cereal. Simple, but delicious. When paired with a glass of orange juice mixed with sparkling water (Pellegrino to be specific) this meal has become scrumptious. I'm not sure what it is, but something about the comfort of breakfast just makes me happy. Cereal of choice today is, once again, Envirokids...what can I say, in the summer I'm an easy eater!

Breakfasts are so diverse. They can be easy, like my cereal, or granola, yogurt, smoothies, etc. They can also be more labor intensive, say for instance eggs, bacon, toast, hashbrowns, and muffins. Any way you pick it, whatever you desire, breakfast is always tasty! Well, at least in my (and my husband's) humble opinion.

Did I mention the joy of breakfast for dinner?!?! Our choice menu item for that is waffles! Use any waffle recipe and swap out the flour with Bob's Red Mill all purpose flour or a mix of sourgum flour and white rice flour (with a pinch of xantham gum) and you've got a delicious gluten free meal! Don't forget the strawberries and whipped cream! Mmm...I think I need to make that again soon! Oh and don't forget to use buttermilk, it changes the flavor for the better. Although, side note, I have also used rice milk and almond milk when trying to avoid dairy (still tasty).

Ahh...breakfast never disappoints!!

Minus, of course, the staple breakfast side of vitamins with their funky aftertaste. What is it about vitamins anyways? Why do they have to taste so weird? Anywho, tasty tasty meal!

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. This makes me miss you so bad. I totally bought sparkling water today and thought of you. Miss eating and cooking with you my friend. -Crystal

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh OJ & Pelligrino, that's a good idea. It's like a faux mimosa!

    ReplyDelete

Like us on Facebook

Follow Us On Twitter